- Tuin- en akkerbouw
- Productie & operationeel
- Techniek & automatisering
- Vermeerdering/ uitgangsmateriaal
- Wetenschappelijk onderzoek
- Senior functie
Are you going in to the future? That is called vertical farming!
This is an high-tech startup, specialized in Vertical Farming. They are looking for a 3-5 years experienced Agronomist or an Agriculture Engineer with a drive for innovation and supervisory skills. It’s a startup with a clear strategy and mission. The first commercial vertical farm has been opened recently in the Netherlands. The job is open to Dutch talent and to EU-talent that is willing to relocate to the Netherlands.
What is your task?
Your job as a hands-on Supervisor involves the following tasks and responsibilities:
- Managing the production process including responsibilities on both growing and operation aspect.
- Leading a team of agronomists as a hands-on supervisor.
- Handling advanced irrigation/climate controlled systems.
- Managing production of fresh herbs from sowing to harvest.
- Leading experiments and small-scale observations in the commercial plots and test rooms.
- Writing and reading professional reports.
Our client is an international high-tech startup in the agricultural sector. They establish their first production hall and office in Holland.The company grows crops under the best conditions. This is called vertical farming. Sustainability is highly valued. Because of the growth method, there is a constant quality. No pesticides are used and the logistics are local to local. The team currently consists of 15 members (without productionstaff). This number is growing strongly in the coming period. They are located in the Westland area, near The Hague.
What do you bring?
We are looking for an Agronomist who fits this profile.
- B. Sc. / M.Sc. in agriculture. Graduate in one of the following subjects; vegetable production/ plant protection/plant physiology / soil and water science.
- Experience in managing production team including responsibilities on both growing and operation aspect.
- 3- 5 years of experience in commercial production of crops in climate-controlled system.
- Competent for teamwork, diligence and accuracy at work.
- Willingness to work hard / long hours when necessary, including weekend or evening.
- Competent in the use of MS software; Word, Excel Power Point.
- Good technical skills and understanding of controlled growing systems.
- Oral and written fluency in English. Dutch and/or another language is welcome but not mandatory.
- EU-citizenship obligatory
If you recognize yourself in this profile and you would like to apply for this position? Please apply online via button downsite this page. If you would like to have more information about this vacancy please contact me, Martijn Haas by phone +31611127371 or mail to email@example.com