Seed Production Specialist
- Tuin- en akkerbouw
- Vermeerdering/ uitgangsmateriaal
- Wetenschappelijk onderzoek
- Medior functie
- Senior functie
Are you a skilled planner and leader and do you know everything about supply and demand? Do (inter)national travels, verifying quality and giving advice to suppliers/growers sound interesting to you? Let’s find out if you’re the Seed Production Specialist that we are looking for!
What will you be doing?
The Seed Production Specialist is responsible for commissioning seed production of flower and/or vegetable seeds in support of the production plans. You will lead and plan the demand and availability of required seeds. This means assigning productions to suppliers/growers, monitoring progress, verifying the quality and advices on cultivation and phyto sanitary requirements and handling transport methods.
Further tasks include:
- Administrating production order in the logistics system and maintaining it;
- Allocating stock seed and coordinating dispatch of it to suppliers/growers;
- Visit producers regularly, performing inspections and evaluating the suppliers/growers and their production;
- Negotiate prices/conditions and drawing up of production agreements;
- (Inter)national travels and representing at meetings and conferences related to seed production and actively participate in department meetings.
Where will you be doing this
What are you bringing
In addition to a targeted education (HBO/WO), it is most important that you bring practical experience; for example work at a seed company, research or plant breeding, suited to this position. You won’t hesitate to ask for information when needed but you are also very adept at tracking down information on your own.
- You have an eye for details and also know how to use your creativity to come up with suitable solutions;
- You have excellent command of the Dutch and English language and you like travelling, both nationally and internationally;
- You are openminded, naturally curious, eager to learn and used to working hands-on. You are assertive and a self-starter;
- Your strong communication skills enable you to speak easily with colleagues, suppliers and growers